Market Insights, LLC was founded in October of 1995 as a telemarketing and direct mail company but grew to handle all media marketing for small businesses by Kathy Kane. Today’s focus is on niche marketing, particularly in the Downriver (Southeastern Michigan area). Market Insights media company handles marketing plans, multi-media advertising, creative ad copy, blogs and public relations. To documents the growth of the newspaper business we have compiled the following groups and background of activities that have played a vital role in the sustainability of this publication in cooperation with Market Insights and HPR Media.
Kane has been a Member of these groups:
- 1990-present-Member SWCRC Chairman- 2018
- 1995-Present- TBA member, President- 2003, Admin. Since 2006.
- 1993-1999- Southgate Rotary- President 1998-99
- 2005-Member DADBA
- 2007-Present-Trenton Rotary
- Affiliations: 2007-present- LDFA of Huron Township, MI.
She has also served as Trenton Hockey Team manager, Hospitality Sales and Marketing of Metro Detroit President, Volunteer at Taylor/Hedke Elementary school and PTO member, Downriver Prayer Breakfast committee, Chairperson Girls Got Wine, Chairperson Beach Blast, various Fundraising committees, Trenton Summer Festival 13 years, Trenton Scarecrow fest 6 years.
Trenton Trib, LLC History: In September of 2009, Kane started the Trenton Tribute, a 4 page bi-monthly, 2000 distribution publication as subsidy of Market Insights, LLC. for the purpose of better communication in Trenton and promotion of businesses with a positive story angle. After a year, in order to grow, she partnered with experienced editor and publisher Joe Hoshaw of HPR Media to create the Trenton Trib. With one sales person, an assistant, a photographer and two writers in 2010, the group has grown from there.
- Sept. 2010- Partnered with Joe Hoshaw to establish the Trenton Trib LLC -20 pages, 3000 distribution/mo
- 2011– 24 pages, 3400 distribution/mo – Moved to RJ Howey Building 2363 W. Jefferson #213 with 125 square feet and 10 contractors
- 2012-28 pages, 3600 distribution/mo Expanded to 201 office and counter at R.J Howey’s
- 2013– 36 pages, 4200 distribution/mo-1 part time employee- Market Insights moved to Ex. Suites of Trenton Oct. 2013, Trib moved Dec. 13- to Executive Suites of Trenton – 3 offices- total of 225 square feet, 2-Trib offices.
- 2014-40 pages, 4500 distribution/mo- 2 part time employees.
- 2015- 40 pages- 4500 distribution plus a 2015 Visitors Guide, Aug Citywide Grosse Ile news Sept. 15 – 3 part time employees. Took down wall and added 1 more office at Executive Suites 2836 W. Jefferson Suites 113-115, 350 total square feet.
- 2016-2/3 sections- 60 pages 10,000 dist June 2016- no charge to ads until Jan 17, Island Beacon created Jan. 2016, added Team Trib April 2016, Fest mini tab, 4 city wide distributions a year. Celebrating 6 years with Trib with three offices. 3 part time employees, 27 contractors, plus 13 writers
- 2017-Moved to 2615 W. Jefferson for 1200 square feet offices. First bulk mail to Island residents in May, Fest Tab, Roar Supplement and a Tent at roar for clients, friends and family. Ribbon cutting at new offices is during Trenton Summer festival.