Join us Jan. 10, 2018 and get your marketing plan off to a great start for 2018!
So you have a tight budget and need some marketing ideas, here are some task you can do yourself or if it makes sense to hire someone else to get the job done, call us! Call us 734-676-9561.
- Video/Photo– Take a video or photo of what jobs you have done for clients today.
- Social Networking— Post your video or photo with a call to action.
- Network Marketing—- Attend a chamber or business association or any other event and tell people what you are promoting this month
- On-line Directories—– Do a search on your company, make sure your listings are right, correct your listings and add photos and more descriptives for even better SEO results.
- Email—– Send an email to your top clients with a special or promotion.
- PR—– Write a press release about your company. Something you are doing for charity, your anniversary, your specialties or event you are hosting. Send it to your local media and of course online press release publications.
- Blogging—- Write some tips for your clients and post on your blog
- Thank You Notes—– Take 5 top clients and say thanks!
- Co-Op Events—– Co-op with another group or business to invite potential clients to learn about your business or to network.
- Gifts For Referrals—— Purchase a small gift for top clients and stop in personally to deliver it.
- Presentations—- have a great presentation about how you help your clients and let others know you can talk with their group about it.
Great Google Photos Features
There are many options for storing photos besides a zip or cd drive for safe keeping. There is Flickr, Dropbox, OneDrive, and iCloud, just to start. Google photos had 200 million active users a month after just a year. It’s only grown since then, in users and features.
Google wanted the masses to get into its Google+ social network. When no one did, Google Photos was born. It salvaged the best part—the photo storage and sharing—to create this service. [Read more…]
Do it yourself or pay someone else to monitor it for you, but make sure to check out what is being said about your business on-line
Step 1-Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp or other search method and look up your Biz
Step 2-Check the listings you find for accuracy
Step 3-Correct & Update!
A good rule of thumb for your business is to track these top sites monthly, Ask clients for Good Reviews and Remember to Update, add photos or new information about your business at least yearly, (quarterly is optimal.)
___Yelp (Reviews, photos, add to content-keywords, create an account)
___Google (Reviews, photos, video add content-keywords)
___Yahoo (Reviews, photos, video add content-keywords)
___Facebook (Reviews, plus posting plan)
____Linkedin (Update posts, ask for reviews)
___Youtube (quarterly video, share and ask for reviews)
By: Kathy Kane
When you join a group for business, it should not be decision taken lightly. Too often many companies join and then never attend a meeting or networking event…ever. Some may join just to get in the Association listing or a web site link. But if you are paying for membership anywhere, you should have a plan to make it worth your investment dollars!
Every group I am active with has an engagement plan. What am I doing with the group monthly, weekly and yearly to participate, refer other members, sponsor or support an event and of course actively promote their events and news along with my own social media. Here is a sample media checklist to consider for each group that you belong to:
As an active member, it is up to you to make sure that you check on these things after you join and yearly:
- Are listed properly on the web site with a link to your business site?
- Are you on their email list? Are all of your employees?
- Do you have a monthly schedule of the group’s events and have you added them to your calendar?
- Have you joined their Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin groups?
- Have you found ways to share your business information every week or month? This would be through social media, e-newsletters e-blasts, ect.
- Have you reached out to other group members? Through lunch and learns, social media, ect.
- Do you share other group member’s promotions and events? With your social media, or with your clients?
Help Your ASSOCIATION and help your business! If you do these social media posts consistently, you will see how your business can grow with your membership.
Social Media- Are you on Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin?
__ Then Log on and “Like or Follow” the ASSOCIATION! There may be a Facebook page and a Facebook Group. Find the user name for Twitter and find the company or group on Linkedin and “like” it.
Then for Facebook, whenever you can:
__ Join an upcoming event, then Share an ASSOCIATION event
__Share, Comment or Like an ASSOCIATION post on your timeline or with a page/group you manage
__Post your Business page link on their page or group
__Post a business special on their page or group
__Check in at any ASSOCIATION event, meeting or program
__Check in with any ASSOCIATION member page
__Take an ASSOCIATION selfie and post, Take pictures or video at any event and post to page, tag photos @ASSOCIATION
__Post a review or a status update of why you like the ASSOCIATION
Then for Linkedin whenever you can:
__Post on the Linkedin group or business page about why you are attending an upcoming event
__Share an ASSOCIATION event on your profile
Then for Twitter whenever you can:
__Tweet about the ASSOCIATION or an upcoming event
__Retweet an ASSOCIATION tweet
__Post an ASSOCIATION picture
__If you want to forward the ASSOCIATION emails to employees or associates, simply scroll to the very bottom of the email and click FORWARD the email and you can help spread the ASSOCIATION news!