There are so many ways to get exposure on the web that for the moment is either free or very inexpensive. You can make sure you have your “piece” of the web by posting a video about your company on You Tube or My Space and embedding a link to your web site to promote it.
Things to consider when planning your clip:
1. How will it tie in with your logo, colors and tagline? Where will it be shot/background? Try to use local actors if possible; they will also help promote your video.
2. Do you have a jingle? Keep it simple. I suggest putting a tune with your name and tagline and leave it at that, that being said others like a full blown song to be used throughout the commercial as background. Remember copyrighted music cannot be used.
3. What will be your theme? How will this attract attention to your business, what will make it memorable?
4. Plan out your script. Write down what will be said, what words you want on screen and what you want the actors or photo’s to be doing. You will want at least 6 different “shots”
How to Create Your Video…
You have your script, you’ve hired the actors now what?
You have several options to choose very reasonable video production.
1. Do it yourself- uploading pictures and clips to Microsoft Movie maker.
2. Use an amateur videographer. A student, a budding entrepreneur.
3. Hire a pro. When you hire a pro with script in hand, the price automatically goes down since all they need to do is shoot and edit
Or maybe even….
4. Hold a contest with a valid prize and have your choice of commercials submitted from all aspects of video talent
Good luck and make sure to promote it everywhere! Your web site, your blog, Youtube and other posting sites!
Market Insights, LLC