So you created a great piece that has a great title and great promotion. You even sent it to the right targeted list. Now what?
How about taking it a step further and use social media to get your e-news, e-blast or e- promotion out to an even larger audience?
1. First, create a Web Version of Your Message- With the program I use, www.constantcontact.com, every email can be viewed online. Copy and paste that url (and if it’s too big make it a www.tinyurl.com ) and paste it into your favorite social media!
2. Next, Make Your Email Easy to Share- When you embed social media sharing buttons into your email With most email marketing programs like Constant Contact, they do it for you automatically. Make sure to encourage people to share your message with their network.
3. Then, You’ll Want to Encourage With Rewards-This reward may be offering a small coupon to people who receive it or view it from social media, such as 5% off or offering free shipping. Or maybe you will in- return share their information. This is another great incentive for businesses.
4. Also, Track Who’s Sharing Your Emails- This is also easy on Constant Contact since you can view reports that show who clicked what. You may want to thank people publicly or privately (depending on your business) when they’ve helped share your information.
5. Most Importantly, Fulfill Your Promises- If you offered a reward for sharing make sure to follow through, there is just no value in a program that baits and then does not pay up. Good will efforts pay it forward, so make sure to come through with the goods. Winners will be grateful and will likely spread their love for you socially too!